Why Test Hormones?
Hormones are essential for our overall welfare. We frequently think of estrogen as being a female hormone, and testosterone as being a male hormone. But both men and women make both, plus several more must be in balance for optimum health. An imbalance of any one hormone can throw physical and mental health out of balance, causing aggravating and even serious health problems.
For decades western medicine has prescribed Hormone Replacement Therapy as a “one size fits all” approach. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Hormones are like fingerprints, and in order to achieve optimal health, people must be aware of their specific imbalances.
Being able to identify a hormonal imbalance is essential to design an effective treatment plan. If a patient is seeking bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) or a topical therapy, free hormone levels must first be assessed before proceeding with a particular therapy.
Who Should Be Tested?
Men and women at any age who display symptoms of hormone imbalance such as:
- Men and women concerned with changing hormone levels as a result of age
- Cycling women experiencing PMS symptoms, perhaps related to a hormonal imbalance
- Peri and post-menopausal women concerned with their estradiol and progesterone levels for replacement considerations
- Those wishing to monitor their hormone levels following replacement therapy (oral, sublingual or topical), and subsequently regulate their supplement levels
- Anyone with symptoms involving fatigue, insomnia, stress, immunity problems, blood sugar problems, and overweight should be tested for cortisol levels as well as “sex” hormones
As we age, our hormonal makeup will begin to change as well, therefore it is ideal to understand where the imbalances are and identify an optimal therapeutic plan. Both men and women should perform a baseline test as a proactive step in maintaining physical and mental health, as imbalances may be present before symptoms manifest.
Just Some of the Testing Parameters:
- Performance 74% 74%
- Endurance 58% 58%
- Strength 88% 88%
- Agility 76% 76%
- Speed 62% 62%